Mission and Vision Statement
Church of the Open Door exists to ignite a passion for knowing God in all people that through Christ, they may pursue Him with all their being.
a. We will pursue a passion for God as individuals through:
1. The development of increasing intimacy in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ, manifested in prayer; reading, studying, meditation and memorization of the Bible.
2. Personal living that reflects a continuous attitude of the worship of God and translates into more meaningful worship with the body of believers at COD.
b. We will nurture a passion for God in all believers by:
1. Biblical teaching that encourages us to grow in our knowledge of God, in our understanding of the magnificence of His character and His unparalleled works, in our recognition of His providence throughout human history, resulting in the deepening of our faith and the transformation of our lives.
2. Celebrating the glory of God through worshipping together, in spirit and truth, culturally relevant and appropriate for our traditions, encouraging freedom and sincerity of expression, as well as active participation.
3. Encouraging every person to build intentional biblical relationships with other believers through which we care for one another’s spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
4. Emphasizing our role as stewards of the time, talents, finances, and other resources God has given us to be used for the advancement of His Kingdom.
5. Assisting all believers at COD to discover their spiritual gifts and use them for the edification of the body, and for the exaltation of God.
6. Remembrance of the eternal life-giving effect of the grace of God through celebrations of Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
7. Establishing biblical leadership to shepherd the community of COD effectively so that we fulfill our mission in increasing measure.
8. Partnering with and encouraging believers, locally and globally, to increase their passion for God.
c. We will ignite a passion for God in non-believers by:
1. Teaching and modeling a biblical understanding of our responsibility to non-believers in the proclamation of the gospel.
2. Partnering with other churches and organizations to reach non-believers with the gospel of Christ.
3. Seeking to establish intentional relationships with our neighbors, co-workers and friends.
4. Helping to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of non-believers as a reflection of the love of God for them.
5. Equipping and supporting those involved in cross-cultural ministries as they seek to communicate the gospel to non-believers throughout the world.